Pangeanic will sponsor the Website Globalization Conference that will take place in Barcelona in September 2007 where Sony Europe, Real Madrid, Amadeus, Unilever and HP will showcase their strategies.
The globalization of every business goes hand-in-hand with the need of professional linguistic support. With companies increasingly earning their revenue from the world’s rather than from national markets, the choice of web workflows, technologies, globalization partners and support is paramount.
IQPC’s panel of experts and practitioners will share their experience “from the trenches”: how to structure an organization to effectively manage Web globalization, how to leverage technology, and how to design, implement and maintain globalization processes to maximize ROI and achieve consistent global branding.
Key Facts and Figures on Web Site Globalization:
- Just 30% of all Web users speak English as a native language—this number continues to fall. Source: Miniwatts Marketing Group, 2006
- More than 13% of Web users speak Chinese—this number is growing rapidly. Source: Miniwatts Marketing Group, 2006
- 52% of Internet consumers will buy ONLY at websites where the information is presented in their language. Source: Common Sense Advisory, 2006
- 8 in 10 international businesses suffer because of translation errors, causing lost revenue, delayed product launches or even fines for noncompliance. Source: SDL International – 2007
- Short summary of the sessions: http://blog.soldierer.com/category/web-site-globalization/
- Website translation services: http://www.pangeanic.com/translation-services/translation-areas/website-translation-services/
- Into how many languages should you translate your website?
Next time you think languages, think Pangeanic
Your Machine Translation Customization Solutions